Saturday, January 4, 2014

Vivir en una nube de pedos

A: I learned a new Uruguayan expression today: "Vivir en una nube de pedos" (literally: to live inside a fart cloud) :D :D It is used to describe someone who lives in their own little world and doesn't really care about what's happening around them. I found it hilarious it may actually be one of my favorite Uruguayan sayings so far. 
I think Uruguayan people are extremely creative when it comes to their colloquial language and swear words. And for some inexplicable reason a lot of common Uruguayan expressions have something to do with farts..seriously, it's not a joke, here are only a few examples:

estar al pedo - to do nothing
estar en pedo - to be drunk
a los pedos - fast / quickly
cagar a pedos - to reprimand / punish
agarrar tremendo pedo - to get drunk

And this is one of many random reasons why I love Uruguay...I can't wait to discover more fart related Uruguayan expressions! Special thanks to my friend Leti for this particular one:)

~ A

No comments:

Post a Comment